This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, store, use, and protect personal data about you when you access www.lynkedloyalty.com (the “Website”), use the Lynked app or otherwise provide your personal data to us including via our social media platforms, or interacting with businesses using Lynked Loyalty.
Information We Collect
‘Information’ refers to that which you provide through our website www.lynkedloyalty.com and/or through any application (including mobile apps, and e-commerce integrations) we operate. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing, posting material, engaging in Lynkeds referral program, ordering online through a business using loyalty powered by Lynked Loyalty, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a specific promotion sponsored by Lynked and when you report issues with our technology or associated services.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise. Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website.
As a visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our offering. As a user of our mobile applications you are required to provide us with some personal information such as name, email, and mobile number. This information is required to generate a unique I.D code and application profile for you. Additional information may be required if signing up to the Lynked service via Facebook, Apple, or Google, additional information may be required as deemed by each company.
The legalities on which we process your personal information are:
- Where you have consented to our processing of your personal data by downloading the Lynked app, engaging in any services or offerings from participating outlets using Lynked Loyalty.
- Our interests in conducting business in a responsible, ethical and prudent manner. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests and rights.
- Where you enter a contract with Lynked and its Participating outlets by collecting Loyalty rewards and availing of discounts, promotions and offers.
How We Use Your Information:
When you use the Lynked App, or any Lynked Loyalty services:
When you use the Lynked app or services your personal details may be collected in the form of your name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, and gender.
Your email and mobile phone number is collected to create an account for you and generate a unique I.D code specific to your person, to enable you to collect rewards in your name.
Your age is required to ensure you are at the correct legal age to use the Lynked app.
Your gender, and age are additional information which may be used in promotions which you have signed up to.
When you visit the Lynked Website:
Sometimes we may automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if applicable. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We use all of this information to analyse trends among our users to help improve our website.We may also store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to.
As a Business signing up to Lynked via the Lynked Website:
When you use our website, we collect your business information such as your name, address contact details, payment details, the time and date you access the website and the time and date of a purchase. We may also store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to.
Securing Your Personal Information:
Where you have created a password which enables you to access online or application profiles, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the communication of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site as this is at your own risk.
Data is stored on an Amazon Server (AWS). The data is not transferred to any other servers.
Making Use of Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site & application is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you are using.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. For example, scanning in a participating store to collect rewards, shopping on a participating businesses website and opting in to receiving push notifications through the application on upcoming promotions.
- To notify you about important changes to our service.
- Location services to enable you to discover participating Lynked locations in your area.
- Your personal information may be processed with automated methods to understand which Lynked outlet you usually shop at, whether you have been shopping recently or not, and which products you purchase or which you might be interested in hearing about in future.
- This data may include your age, gender and purchasing history or preferences. When your Personal Data is processed in this way it is used in summarised (anonymised and aggregated) business reports, or to tailor news, offers and promotions we feel you will find most relevant. For example, to advise you of a promotion, event or product launch at a store that you shop at.
- Administer loyalty/rewards programs on behalf of merchants we have a business relationship with.
- Engage in proximity marketing using geofencing technology on behalf of our merchants.
Sharing Your Information:
- Your details may be shared with businesses if you refer a new business and are expecting a reward, please refer to the Lynked Referral Program Policy for more detail.
- Your information may be used by Participating Businesses or partners to contact you with upcoming promotions where you have purchased from their store (physical location or online) and collected rewards. You can opt out/unsubscribe of this feature for each business or partner if desired.
- We may be legally required to disclose your information, if this is (a) required by law or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law or government enforcement officials; (c) necessary to investigate violations of our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Lynked, our users and our employees.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business/assets, in this case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- We may share your information externally with our core service providers when required for our business to function. These include for example companies who help us provide our websites, applications, print materials or provide customer support services.
- We may need to share personal data to support our IT system providers to keep our systems secure. Each of the external companies we work with has been selected by us for their ability to provide what we need to our required specification, including their ability to handle sensitive data (like your personal information) securely and appropriately.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information For?
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
The general guidelines for how long we keep personal data are based on what is necessary and proportionate in our business, taking into consideration how and why we collected it and with particular reference to legal obligations that apply to our business.
Where there is no legally defined time period for keeping data, we will keep your information for a time period based on relevant industry standards.
Typically we will store your data only for the time period in which you have the Lynked Application.
- Our site and application may, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- You can ask us about how we collect, share and use your personal information.
- You can ask us to update and correct your personal details.
- You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details.
- You can request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You can object to processing that is carried out where we have decided that it is important for us as a business (legitimate interests).
- You have a right to move your information (your right to Portability). Where you have provided information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format we can share a digital copy of your information directly with you or another organisation.
- You can object to any automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision has a legal or significant impact on you.
- You have a right to request access to your personal information.
- You can change your mind wherever you give us your consent and withdraw that consent, such as for direct marketing.
- You reserve the right in line with GDPR to request the deletion of your data.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting Privacy Manager in writing by email or post using the details outlined below. When you contact us to ask about your information, we may ask you to identify yourself. This is to help protect your information.
Carbury Point, Finisklin Business Park,
Sligo, F91 HF66
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland this is the Data Protection Commission (DPC).
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If required and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, and that Lynked users interests and rights are respected. These may include entering into a contract governing the transfer that contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. If you would like to receive further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org